Saturday, September 23, 2006

The waiting game

Well, we've been on pins and needles the past three days. I've had some bleeding since Thursday. We've done blood work and everything seems okay, but we won't know for sure until the u/s on Tuesday. We've been praying very hard for Nemo. We know that God has His own plans, and that they are better than ours, but too often I'd like to tell Him how it should be done. We love Nemo already, and want him/her to be a part of our little family...however, only time will tell.

I think that the waiting is the worst part. Thursday was by far the worst day. I never had anything like that with Buddy, and it was very scary. Still is, I guess. Part of me gets mad. I have friends who have had or are going to have babies that they didn't want. Surprises, mistakes, you know. It is hard to understand why they are allowed to have beautiful babies when others, who very badly want children, are denied. The doctors say everything is probably fine now, but it has opened my eyes to the pain of others, even if just briefly.

Due to the fact that we needed someone to watch Buddy while we go to the dr on tuesday, we had to tell my folks. :) Instead of using our planned "I'm going to be a big brother" shirt, Hubby had the idea to go to Build A Bear last night and build Buddy and baby bear. Buddy loves his new puppy. He and Hubby practice giving it kisses and feeding it its bottle. Very cute.

So, now we just hope everyone who knows will keep our secret until we're ready to let it out in November....Hmmm....I wonder if we'll make it??

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Jimenez said...

I hope your u/s appointment went well! Waiting really is awful. I'm crossing my fingers that you had good news.

10:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home