Monday, September 18, 2006

Flyin' me away

Well, the word came down from on high today. I have to go on another biz trip.

In the BB days (Before Buddy, that is) I used to really want to go on biz trips. I'm not sure if they made me feel important or what the deal was, but I kind of enjoyed it. I never had to go away a ton, just once in a while. Hubby never liked it, he always accused me of "leaving" him. Although I will admit that it is much easier to be the leaver than the leavee.

Well, these days I avoid going away at all costs. They let me out of my meeting last October, they let me out of the "during the season" travel I normally do last September, but in January, when Buddy was 6 months old, I had to take my first trip to a tradeshow, and then another one in Feb. But, mind you, I did cut them short!! :) But he was little then.

He's big now.

I really don't want to leave him. Arranging child care is a pain in the rump, but I won't get to tuck him in at night. The worst part is that I KNOW he'll give me the cold shoulder when I get back. And, I'll only be home 2 days before I have to go to work again.

To top it all off, it's only 2 weeks before Hubby and my planned vacation. So, now I really feel like I'm deserting him.

What is a working mom supposed to do?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home