Thursday, March 29, 2007

When it rains, it pours

I can't believe that this is the last week of March. And, my goodness, what a week its been.

Well, it started off with Monday. Hubby was driving to the shop for work, when low and behold he got a speeding ticket. His first ticket in 6 years. $153. Nice work dear. However, we are contesting the ticket bc our local law enforcement agent wrote that it was a 50mph speed limit, when the road is actually 55. Here's hoping.

Then there was Tuesday. Buddy has still been sort of sick and has been keeping me up at night, so guess who's sick now. Yep, me again. Lovely. Also on Tuesday we decided to put an offer on the "infamous" fixer-upper that we've been looking at for the past month. No, we haven't sold our house yet, thanks for asking. Do you want to buy it?!?!? Right now we're staring down the barrell of carrying two mortgages, does it get more fun than that?!? This house needs major work, and we'll find out Friday if they took our low-ball offer. When I say a lot of work, I'm not joking. Should keep us busy until the baby comes. hahaha.

Then there was yesterday. Hubby's partner got a piece of large equipment VERY stuck at a job site. They came back to town to get something bigger to pull it out when, low and behold, Hubby's truck starts smoking. So, today we can pick the truck back up and hand over $900+ for new calipers, rotors and brake pads. Oh, and did I mention the rear brakes are going out too? That will be another $500. Nice, very nice. So then, last night Hubby and get to talking about vehicles, we were planning on trading in the F150 next spring for a diesel, but the price of gas right now is killing us. So, we went online and found an F350 (year 2000) for sale for exactly the same bluebook value as the trade in on our truck. So now, it looks like we'll be making the 1.5 hour drive on Saturday to possibly buy a new truck.

Well, the bright side of the story is that it finally stopped raining, literally. The past two weeks have been so wet that Hubby hasn't been working much. But God is good, the sun is finally out, and now they're working 6 days a week to try to catch up and put some money in the bank. We've been teaching Buddy how to pray for the sun at night before he goes to bed. :)

Buddy is a jabber box lately. The other night at dinner, he pushed his plate away and kept saying "men, men, men". We couldn't figure out what he was saying, until I asked him, "Do you want us to pray?" YES!! He wanted us to pray so he could say Amen and be excused from dinner. What a character.

It's finally nice out and we can take walks and play outside. However, now on every walk we HAVE to stop by the ducks in the local pond. He even makes sure that I bring "treats" (Cheerios) to feed the ducks. :) Do it once w/ a toddler....and be prepared to do it 100 times.

I've got a Dr. apt tomorrow. After this I have to go every other week. I can't believe it. I'm not really looking forward to the all exciting weigh in...since my legs have ballooned to 3x their normal size over the past few weeks. Ug. Oh well. My weekly baby update told me there's only 40 some days until the baby is "due". Goodnight, that's not near enough!!! :) We haven't even really begun to even think about the baby coming yet! But I suppose we'd better....one of these days.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home