Friday, March 02, 2007

March already??

I for one refuse to believe that another month has gone by. Good night, where do they go??

Well, I suppose the biggest news (hahaha) at our house is that Buddy now refuses to go to sleep at night. Flat out refuses. We put him in bed and about ever 35.75 seconds, he is climbing out. He was getting quite sneaky at it. He is still at the age where he thinks that if he can't see you, you can't see him. It would be humorous if we weren't so sick of it!! He thinks that if he averts his eyes, he has rendered himself invisible to both Hubby and myself. So, once he spots you looking at him, he'll drop his head, and continue to sneak off the bed. Little bugger. We now basically stand at our post at his door after laying him down. First I get to shower, then I take over and Hubby gets to shower. It's quite a system. At the first hint of noise, we pop in there, lay him back down and wait outside the door for 35.75 seconds, then pop back in...again and again and again. Let me tell you, we've tried everything. He laughs at us when we punish him, dances around if we ignore him, and will sleep if we hold him down and lay next to him. But, that's not a habbit we want to start. We have to go away tonight, and all I can say is "good luck babysitter". The poor girl doesn't stand a chance.

Other than that, the big news is that my company has decided to accept my proposal to work as a consultant for them after the baby is born. This is what I was hoping for, so I'm quite excited. Hubby is excited too, because he told me, in no uncertain terms, that he would not take care of 2 kids in the mornings btw 4:30 and 7:30 and get them to day care. So, it's a big relief to know that it might acutally work out. I'll still be working 15 hours per week, but it will mostly be from my home office. I'll still have child care for the kiddos, but 15 hours beats 30 hours in my book. Also, it's only going to be one morning of getting up at 4, so that much it AWESOME. Getting up at 4am is starting to really suck. :)

In pregnancy news, I have only one my dr. apt before I have to start going every other week. I can't believe that it's getting that close already. I don't mind being preggers, but I am constantly tired, weigh a ton, have hemorrhoids, and for the last months get contractions about 1 or 2 times per day. (Now, I hate complainers, but I don't consider that last sentence complaining because no one MAKES you read this, now do they. You can here of your own free will. :) Too bad for you. :) )

Anyhow, I think that's all for now. We have this wedding to go to tonight, and good night, I will be glad when this is over. I don't think that people who are getting married understand that NO ONE cares about their wedding but them....but that's a whole'nother topic completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home