Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time marching on

We have just passed March 10, which means that Little Miss is now 10 months old. I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed and that in a mear 2 months we will be celebrating her birthday. How can they grow up so very quickly. I tried to see if she would fit back in my stomach, but she was wiggling too much to see if she could ball up enough to fit in there. Bummer. I asked Buddy if he would fit in my tummy and he gave me a sort of odd look. Guess when you're wear "meeska, mooska, Mickey Mouse" underwear you don't want to be a "baby" anymore.

Having children that share a room is a unique experience. Seems like everyone now a-days is giving every child there own room. Something about that stinks. Though they frustrate me to no end, it is hillarious to see how they interact together at this young age. One day there will be barking and laughter, another day, Little Miss is peaking through the crib slats and Buddy is making faces at her...or just climbing into the crib to play. Tonight, Buddy came running out of his room "i just don't know what she is doing with her frog, mom, I just don't know". Me neither. She was taking the lid of the frog humidifier and banging it on the crib. The way they interact has me constantly entertained. Soon, too soon, though, I have the sinking feeling that they will gang up on me, and that I will be sadly outnumbered.

On the house front, we continue to have a number of showings but nothing serious enough. We've decided to get a storage unit for a few months and store all the extra furniture, everything from the closets we're not currently using and stage the house, more or less. I am loathe to admit that I'm renting a storage unit. I make fun of "those people". What, you have too much crap to fit into your house, so you have to pay someone to store it for you? It's like a black mark on my record. I justify it by saying that i don't NEEEEED it, it's only to sell our house. It's the same feeling I get about myself bc Hubby's truck has to park in the driveway and that side of teh garage has crap in it. When it was the F350 diesel, it was just to flipping big to fit in the garage, yet I am terribly embarassed. I also make fun of people who keep vehicles outside. Yes, I would say, Keep your $2,000 worth of crap in your garage and your $20,000 vehicle on the road. Yet, here I am again making excuses to why my truck is in the driveway. Last week we bought a new truck. Yes, be jealous of my 1987 GMC S15 with 176k miles, no steering column, un working window, skull floor mats, and dial radio complete with American Flag header. ALl we need is girly mud flaps. But, now that the big truck parks at the shop, I feel this terrible need to park the little truck in the garage and have a glorious empty driveway. So...if I get a storage unit to house my crap and get my truck in the garage...does that make it all better? (Except in this case the vehicle is worth less than 1k...hmmmm, this logic may not stand up) When we brought it home I saw our 70+ year old neighbor lady checking it out from her driveway. I'm believing that she was jealous. Maybe I'll get her girly mud flaps for Christmas this year....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home