Thursday, August 16, 2007

Proud parenting moment #162

let's run down a list of my "proud parenting moments" from the past week. Well, first was Saturday. I heard a cupboard close so I kicked hubby out of bed to find out what Buddy was up to. (at 6am, mind you) Well, he had gotten a chair, climbed on the kitchen counter and gotten the salad spinner from the top shelf. he was "making cookies, daddy!". And quite proud of himself. Then there was Sunday. I heard him again. Kicked Hubby out of bed. This time, he had emptied the entire contents of the cupboard beneath our bathroom sink into our closet. Then, he moved on to better things, namely, "making cookies". This morning, he must've had more time, because he had poured an enitre bag of whole wheat flour into the salad spinner and was eating it with a spoon. Yum. Then there was Monday. The pinacle of my proud parenting moments. (I hope you're catching the sarcasm by now...) Well, we got up to find him standing by the stove, giant knife in hand, cutting himself a piece of bannana bread. All the knives were out of the knife block and he had eaten the top of the load of bread (the part with sugar on it, of course). I think we have created a monster. I could tell you about the time I thought he went out to find Hubby at the Lake House and he came in a half hour later, wet from the waste down, because he was playing bubbles by himself in the lake...but I don't want to make myself look bad.

In other news, Hubby is on his fishing excursion. And wouldn't you know I've gotten two phone calls today of people who want bids, and I have no one to go out and measure the yards. Of course not. Buddy is very upset that his daddy is gone for a few days. Oh well.

Little Miss is getting so big already. I can't believe it. My baby is gone. She is still smoochable, though!

Things for me have settled in a bit. I've come to terms with my filthy house. I just wish that Little Miss would tollerate stroller rides, or car rides, or her car seat. She's not as bad as Buddy was as a baby, but not much better either. How's a girl supposed to excerise if the baby screams in the stroller, I ask you?!? Oh well, I guess I'll just be fat. :)

Well, their both sleeping, so I'd better get back to it.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home